KETRACO's core business is to plan, design, build, operate and maintain new electricity transmission lines and associated substations that will form the backbone of the National Transmission Grid.
The new and robust power grid will:
- Improve quality and reliability of supply;
- Reduce transmission technical losses;
- Increase access to electricity service countrywide;
- Reduce the cost of electricity to the customer; and
- Provide a link with neighbouring countries.
The Kenya Power and Lighting Company (KPLC) will retain its current stock of existing 132kV and 220kV transmission lines.
Our Vision and Mission
"To be a world-class electricity transmission company and the leading inter-connector in Africa".
"To build and operate a national electricity transmission network that is reliable, efficient, effective, safe and environment-friendly through innovative and best practices; and to promote regional power trade for socio-economic development".